Pasalao

Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: ສປປ ລາວ ທໍາລາຍປ່າໄມ້ຢ່າງບໍ່ຢຸດຢັ້ງ!
Anonymous

Date:
ສປປ ລາວ ທໍາລາຍປ່າໄມ້ຢ່າງບໍ່ຢຸດຢັ້ງ!
Permalink   


Lao Forests Plundered At Increasing Rate

 



Trucks with logs lined up at the border to Vietnam
 
 

 

In my wanderings across cyberspace I stumbled upon this photo a few weeks ago with the caption, "Trucks carrying logs from Khammouane Province in Laos to Ha Tinh Province in Vietnam".

 

At the time I assumed a fellow tourist had spotted the trucks and logs and taken a photo. The rest of the photos on the flikr account were also good and from out of the way places.



Then this week I ran across an article in Business Week .
Vietnam destroying Lao forests By DENIS D. GRAY BANGKOK, Thailand

Vietnam is acquiring huge quantities of illegally logged timber from neighboring Laos and turning it into furniture for consumers in the United States and Europe, an environmental group said Wednesday.

"Vietnam's booming economy and demand for cheap furniture in the West is driving rapid deforestation" in Laos, Julian Newman of the Britain-based Environmental Investigation Agency said at a news conference.

 

The group showed a video of fleets of trucks laden with logs crossing the border into Vietnam from Laos, which has banned the export of logs and sawn timber.

Every year, an estimated 17.6 million cubic feet of logs are smuggled across the border after false documents are produced and bribes paid, the group said.

 

The video included Vietnamese businessmen admitting that logs at their factories came from Laos in violation of the country's laws and were processed into furniture for export.
A huge pile of logs from Laos was shown in the Vietnamese port of Vinh, ready for sale.

Newman said businesses in Thailand are also buying illegally cut timber from Laos, which has some of the last great forests in mainland Southeast Asia.

"The cost of such unfettered greed is borne by poor rural communities in Laos who are dependent on the forests for their traditional livelihoods," Newman said.

Vietnamese and Thai officials were not immediately available for comment. The governments of both countries have in the past acknowledged the illegal trafficking of timber from Laos, although the scope of the trade has not previously been clear.

"The ultimate responsibility for this dire state of affairs rests with the consumer markets which import wood products made from stolen timber," Newman said.

 

Faith Doherty, another EIA staffer, said draft laws now before the U.S. Congress would curb such imports. She said the European Union was taking steps to certify furniture and other forest products as having come from legally procured timber.

An EIA report also released Wednesday noted that Vietnam has taken steps since the 1990s to conserve its own forests while at the same time expanding wooden furniture production, much of it with illegal timber.

 

Furniture exports from Vietnam totaled $2.4 billion last year, a tenfold increase since 2000. According to the Vietnamese government, 39 percent of the exports in 2006 went to the United States, 14 percent to Japan, 7 percent to Britain and 4 percent each to France and Germany.

"The plundering of Laos' forests involves high-level corruption and bribery and it is not just Vietnam which is exploiting its neighbor.

 

Thai and Singapore traders are also cashing in," the report said. Posing as investors, EIA staffers met one Thai businessman who bragged of paying bribes to senior Lao military officials to secure timber potentially worth $500 million, the group said.

 

 

Press Release: 19 March 2008

VIETNAM: HOW THE COUNTRY HAS BECOME A HUB FOR THE REGION'S ILLEGAL TIMBER TRADE.

EIA Web Site

Vietnam is operating as a centre for processing huge quantities of unlawfully-logged timber from across Indochina, threatening some of the last intact forests in the region, a major new report reveals.

Undercover investigations by the UK-based Environmental Investigation Agency (EIA) and Indonesian NGO Telapak have revealed how Vietnam’s booming economy and demand for cheap furniture in the West is driving rapid deforestation throughout the Mekong river region.

Field investigations in Vietnam and neighbouring Laos, including secret filming and undercover visits to furniture factories, have demonstrated that although some countries like Indonesia have cracked down on the illegal timber trade, criminal networks have now shifted their attention to looting the vanishing forests of Laos.

Urgent Action

This illicit trade is in direct contraventionof laws in Laos banning the export of logs and sawn timber and EIA/Telapak are calling for urgent international action.

Investigators visited numerous Vietnamese furniture factories and found the majority to be using logs from Laos. In the Vietnamese port of Vinh, they witnessed piles of huge logs from Laos awaiting sale.

At one border crossing on one occasion alone, 45 trucks laden with logs were filmed lining up to cross the Laos border into Vietnam. The report estimates at least 500,000 cubic metres of logs are moved in this way every year.

Plundering

Since the 1990s, Vietnam has taken steps to protect to conserve its remaining forests while at the same time, massively expanding its wooden furniture production.

Vietnam has an unenviable track record in using stolen timber. Past investigations have revealed it laundering illegal timber from both Cambodia and Indonesia

The plundering of Laos’ forests involves high-level corruption and bribery and it is not just Vietnam which is exploiting its neighbour; Thai and Singapore traders are also cashing in.

Posing as investors, EIA/Telapak investigators met one Thai businessman who bragged of paying bribes to senior Laos military officials to secure timber worth potentially half a billion dollars.

“The cost of such unfettered greed is borne by poor rural communities in Laos who are dependent on the forests for their traditional livelihoods,” said EIA's head of Forests Campaign, Julian Newman.

He said the local people gain virtually nothing from this trade, with corrupt Laos officials and businesses in Vietnam and Thailand, the profiteers.

The report concludes that to some extent the dynamic growth of Vietnam’s furniture industry is driven by the demand of end markets like Europe and the US.

Dire

“The ultimate responsibility for this dire state of affairs rests with the consumer markets with import wood products made from stolen timber,” said Julian.

“Until these states clean up their act and shut their markets to illegal wood products, the loss of precious tropical forests will continue unabated.”

EIA/Telapak are calling for: better enforcement by the timber-producing and processing countries and new laws banning the import of products and timber derived from illegal logging in the EU and US.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

 

ຄວາມທຸກລຳບາກມາແຕ່ສະໜັຍພໍ້ຕູ້ແມ່ຕູ້ , ສະໜັຍພໍ້ແມ່,ແລ້ວກໍທຸກຍາກລຳບາກສະໜັຍປະຈຸດບັນ,ແລະຫວັງວ່າສະໜັຍຕໍ່ໄປ ເຊັນລູກເຊັນລານ ຣັຖະບານລາວຄົງມີຄວາມຕັ້ງໃຈພັດທະນາປະເທດຊາດ ໄຫ້ດີກົວທີພານມາ ເປັນເວລາດົນນານແລ້ວ ຫລັງຈາກການປົດປ້ອຍ, ປະຊາຊົນລາວ ແຫ່ງມີຄວາມທຸກຍາກ ລຳບາກແລະບໍ່ເຫັນມີຫຍັງ ດີຂື້ນແລະບໍ່ເປັນຄືຄວາມອ້າຍນ້ອງທີໄດ້ສັນຍາ ນຳປະຊາຊົນແລະຣາຊດອນ ເລີຍວ່າປະຊາຊົນລາວຈະຢູ້ດີກີນດີແລະມີຄວາມສະເມີພາບ ແລະມີສິດເທົາກັນທຸກໆຄົນ ແຕ່ເປັນຫຍັງມີແຕ່ພວກອ້າຍນ້ອງແລະຜູ້ນຳທຸກໆທ່ານ ພ້ອມດ້ວຍຄອບຄົວແລະລູກຫຼານ ມີສິດມີອຳນາດ ແລະລວນແຕ່
ເປັນມະຫາເສດຖີ ທີທຳໃຫ້ຄົນຕ່າງຊາດຕ້ອງອາຍໃດ້. ເຖີງເລວາທີຄວນຢຸດຕິການສໍ້ຣາຊບັງຫຼວງ,ຢຸດຕິການໃຊ້ເສັ້ນ ການໃຊ້ສາຍເອົາພັກ ເອົາລູກຫຼານຫຼືພັກພວກຄົນ ຜູ້ບໍ່ມີການສືກສາສູງ,ຂາດຄວາມສາມາດແລະບໍ່ມີຄວາມສັດຊື ຕໍ່ປະຊາຊົນ ມາບໍຣິຫາປະເທດ ຊື່ງເປັນການທ່ວງ ຄວາມກ້າວໜ້າຂອງປະເທດຊາດ ມີແຕ່ແບມືຂໍທານ ຄວາມຊ່ວຍເຫຼືອ ຂອງເຈັກກັບແກວ ຜູ້ທີຫວັງຜົນປະໂຍດ ອັນມະຫາສານ ຈາກປະເທດຊາດ ແລະປະຊາຊົນລາວ.ປະເທດລາວອຸດົມ ສົມບຸນພອ້ມດ້ວຍ ສັບພະຍາກອນທັມະຊາດ ແຕ່ໜ້າເສັຍດາຍທີຣັຖະບານແລະພັກລັດ,ຜູ້ມີອຳນາດຂາຍກີນຈະໝົດແລ້ວເຊັນ ໃມ້, ຄຳ, ທອງແລະໂລຫະຕ່າງໆ ຊື່ງປະຊາຊົນລາວ ຜູ້ທຸກຍາກບໍ່ໃດ້ ຜົນປະໂຍດ ຈາກຣາຍໃດ້ນັ້ນເລີຍ.

Beggars

 

 



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

ຄວາມໜາແໜ້ນຂອງປ່າໄມ້ໃນປະເທດລາວຍັງເຫຼືອຫຼາຍເທົ່າໃດໃນປັດຈຸບັນ?

ຕອນຂ້ອຍຢູ່ປະເທດລາວ ທຸກໆວັນທີ 1 ມິຖຸນາ ເພິ່ນຈະອວນນັກຮຽນອອກໄປ

ປູກຕົ້ນໄມ້, ຂ້ອຍຖາມເອື້ອຍຄູຄວາມເຕີບໃຫຍ່ຂອງຕົ້ນໄມ້ທີ່ປູກປີກ່ອນໆ

ເອື້ອຍຄູບອກວ່າ ຕົ້ນໄມ້ທີ່ປູກປີກາຍປີກ່ອນນັ້ນຕາຍໝົດແລ້ວຈຶ່ງຕ້ອງໄດ້ປູກໃໝ່.

ເສັຽເວລາຮຽນໜັງສືໄປປູກຕົ້ນໄມ້ ແຕ່ປູກແລ້ວພັດບໍ່ມີງົບຮັກສາມີແຕ່ງົບຕັດ !



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

ຄວາມໜາແໜ້ນຂອງປ່າໄມ້ໃນປະເທດລາວຍັງເຫຼືອຫຼາຍເທົ່າໃດໃນປັດຈຸບັນ?

ຕອນຂ້ອຍຢູ່ປະເທດລາວ ທຸກໆວັນທີ 1 ມິຖຸນາ ເພິ່ນຈະອວນນັກຮຽນອອກໄປ

ປູກຕົ້ນໄມ້, ຂ້ອຍຖາມເອື້ອຍຄູຄວາມເຕີບໃຫຍ່ຂອງຕົ້ນໄມ້ທີ່ປູກປີກ່ອນໆ

ເອື້ອຍຄູບອກວ່າ ຕົ້ນໄມ້ທີ່ປູກປີກາຍປີກ່ອນນັ້ນຕາຍໝົດແລ້ວຈຶ່ງຕ້ອງໄດ້ປູກໃໝ່.

ເສັຽເວລາຮຽນໜັງສືໄປປູກຕົ້ນໄມ້ ແຕ່ປູກແລ້ວພັດບໍ່ມີງົບຮັກສາມີແຕ່ງົບຕັດ !


 Vietnamese chop down about 100 trees per day and  seven days / week and 365 days per / year. Vietnamese have been chopping down Lao tress for thirty eight years an not going to stop soon.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

ຍັງຕັ້ງ 50 % ພຸ້ນເດີ  

While today about one-third of USA  is forested.

 

Laos

http://www.kpl.net.la/lao/news/dnl%207.htm

USA

http://www.nationalatlas.gov/articles/biology/a_forest.html



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

So what?

The fuucking USA and EU should stop buying funiture form Vietname and the issue will stop as well.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

  "NO WOODS, NO FURNITURES, AND OFCOURSE NO BUYING" WHERE IS THE ROOT CAUSE . ALL THE PROBLEMS THAT OCCURE IN LAOS  SHOULD BE SOLVE IN LAOS ,NOT ELSWHERE.( STOP BLAMING OTHER ,BLAME OURSELF )



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 510
Date:
Permalink   

When we dont have the forest, the people who rely on it will be more suffering.

__________________

 

Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

ຍັງຕັ້ງ 50 % ພຸ້ນເດີ  

While today about one-third of USA  is forested.

 

Laos

http://www.kpl.net.la/lao/news/dnl%207.htm

 


 You are a liar!!!!!!! You are probably a fake Lao. That photo that you show is just the remaining small pieces of Lao forests. It's someone like you who like to dupe Lao people into thinking they should not worry because there are still tons of forested areas left in Laos. The truth is you indirectly participate in the process of destroying Lao forests for the profits of the Viet businessmen and a few Lao officials.  

The USA has a strong law against cutting down their forests, otherwise the offenders have to pay high price in jail. Even the Viet have a very strict law against cutting down their own trees, so the Viets come to corrupt Lao officials and cut down Lao trees instead. It's billion-dollars business for the Viets. It's hypocrisy and greed, nothing new.

ເປັນຫັຍງຈຶ່ງມາມັກເວົ້າແບບຕົວະຕາຜູ້ອື່ນແທ້. ປ່າໄມ້ແທ້ໆຢູ່ລາວຊາວປີຫຼັງມີປະມານ50%, ດຽວນີ້ຍັງບໍ່ເຖິງ 40% ຊຳ້. ອີກສິບຊາວປີຄັ້ງໜ້າຕົ້ນໄມ້ລາວຈະຖືກຫວຽດມາຕັດເອົາໄປເຮັດເຟີນິເຈີສົ່ງອອກຂາຍທົ່ວໂລກຈົນເໜິດ.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

ລະບອບຕີນຊ້າງຢຽບປາກນົກ ຄະນະພັກພາກັນຮັ່ງມີດີສຸກປະຊາຊົນຕົກທຸກເພີ່ນບໍ່ສົນ

ໃຈ ປານນັ້ນຄຳຂັວນເພີ່ນ ເອກກະພາບ ເອກກະພາບຫ່າມັນຫຍັງ ລູກເຈົ້າລູກນາຍພາ

ຂ້າມຝັ່ງໄທໄປໄຊ້ເງີນຟຸມເຟືອຍແທນທີ່ຈະເອົາເງີນນັ້ນມາພັດທະນາບ້ານເມືອງ



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

ລົດແກ່ໄມ້ ມີຮູບດຽວນີ້ຫວະ ຄືວ່າເຫັນລົງມາຫຼາຍປີແລ້ວ ບໍ່ມີອັນໃໝ່ໆແນ່ຫວະ ນັກຂ່າວຂີ້ຄ້ານເອີຍ



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

  "NO WOODS, NO FURNITURES, AND OFCOURSE NO BUYING" WHERE IS THE ROOT CAUSE . ALL THE PROBLEMS THAT OCCURE IN LAOS  SHOULD BE SOLVE IN LAOS ,NOT ELSWHERE.( STOP BLAMING OTHER ,BLAME OURSELF )


 Yes? The logging is illegally done. The furniture is made from the illegal wood and you know that by your heart but you still buy the furniture.

So who are you now? Yes of course you are also the wrong doer!

You Westerners have a high standard of thinking. If you don't care where the funiture source is from you are not very smart!



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

ປ່າໄມ້ບໍ່ຫາຍຈາກປະເທດລາວດອກ ເພາະດິນຟ້າອາກາດອຳນວຍໄຫ້ແກ່ການຈະເລີນເຕີບໂຕຂອງພືດພັນ

 

ດັ່ງຮູບຂ້າງລຸ່ມນີ້ ເພິ່ນຕັດເຮັດໄຮ່ປີນີ້ ອີກ ຫ້າປີເພິ່ນກັບມາຕັດເຮັດໄຮ່ອີກໄດ້ໃຫມ່ ສວ່ນນີ້ເພິ່ນຮອ້ງວ່າປ່າຜລິດກະສິກຳ

ສວ່ນເພິ່ນເວົ້າວ່າ ປ່າໄມ້ຍັງເຫລືອ ຫ້າສິບເປີເຊັນນັ້ນ ແມ່ນປ່າປອ້ງກັນ ແລະປ່າສະຫງວນ 

ການຕັດໄມ້ອອກໄປຂາຍ ແມ່ນສະເພາະແຕ່ໄມ້ໄຫຍ່ແລະໄມ້ເນື້ອແຂງ ສວ່ນຈຳນວນປ່າຍັງຢູ່ 

ແຕ່ປ່າໄມ້ ຈະລົດລົງໄປກັບການພັດທະນາ ແນ່ນອນ ເຊັ່ນການຫັນເອາປ່າມາເປັນການປູກຢາງ

 

74288597945049699875.jpg



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

69746949626995145035.jpg15729076559974216309.jpg



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

ລອ່ງແຈ້ງ ຊຶງແຕ່ກອ່ນແມ່ນພູຫົວໂລ້ນ ຫາໄມ້ສີເຮັດຟືນດັງຍັງບໍ່ມີ 

 

ສີ່ສິບປີ ປ່າໄມ້ ກໍໄດ້ສ່ຳນີ້ ສວ່ນຫລາຍແມ່ນປ່າຫຍ້າແຂມ

 

45996932564056208757.jpg



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

ມີ demand ມັນກໍ່ຕ້ອງມີ supply. ຍີ່ປຸ່ນຊື້ໄມ້ຈາກນາຍພົນແຈ້ງຈັກໜ່ວຍພູ?



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

  "NO WOODS, NO FURNITURES, AND OFCOURSE NO BUYING" WHERE IS THE ROOT CAUSE . ALL THE PROBLEMS THAT OCCURE IN LAOS  SHOULD BE SOLVE IN LAOS ,NOT ELSWHERE.( STOP BLAMING OTHER ,BLAME OURSELF )


 Nice try! if those greedy leeches don't come to sneak around in Laos looking for stupid Lao officials to corrupt with their money because they are not allowed to cut down trees in thier own country, then Lao forests could not have been destroyed. 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 482
Date:
Permalink   

laos do correct thing none stop, go for it laos.

__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 482
Date:
Permalink   

tut pai num,pouk pai num xun tua, mun c pen yung, kong hed dai u.

__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

zack wrote:

laos do correct thing none stop, go for it laos.


No, Laos does some correct things and also some wrong things that need to be corrected.

One of their goals for many years has been to stop illegal logging and keep Laos forested and green. They have failed to stop logging again and again because of corruptions. Promise is not kept.

Also, they have promised to replant trees, but after a few attempts they have now acknowledged it harder to replant trees than cut themm down, and they are not going to meet their goal. That's not good.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

zack wrote:

tut pai num,pouk pai num xun tua, mun c pen yung, kong hed dai u.


That's an irresposible mentality. It has always been "cut down", but "replanting" has been just a dream, not a reality. 



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Big money from USA and EU attract the Asians to do something illegal. Cut their heads off!



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

What make you think that Lao Royal government wouldn't do the same if they're still in power ?

 



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

What make you think that Lao Royal government wouldn't do the same if they're still in power ?

 


 They might do the same or might not but the different is the people would have the right to complain and protest to stop the government from destroy the rain forest .



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

What make you think that Lao Royal government wouldn't do the same if they're still in power ?

 


 They might do the same or might not but the different is the people would have the right to complain and protest to stop the government from destroy the rain forest .


 Very good answer. and what percentages that our country ''LAOS'' use the LAND and Natural resources so far into this day ???



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

What make you think that Lao Royal government wouldn't do the same if they're still in power ?

 


 They might do the same or might not but the different is the people would have the right to complain and protest to stop the government from destroy the rain forest .


 Very good answer. and what percentages that our country ''LAOS'' use the LAND and Natural resources so far into this day ???


 Don't worry about the land and natural resource if they run out so they run out . Saudi Arabia sold their crude oil billion and billions of barrel every years over 100 years , they still don't care. If  the Vietnamese chop down all Lao trees and dig out of all  the Lao natural resource , Laos still capable survive from foreign aid.

Don't worry look at Japan , Taiwan , Singapore and Austria don't have any natural resource , they still survive , so do Laos . Lao people have never been starved to death and never will  be like China 80 years ago or like India or like Africa . Laos was poor yesterday and is poor today and will be poor tomorrow but Lao are never going to starve to death.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

ວິທຍຸເອເຊັຽເສຣີ ແລະ ພວກພັດຖີ່ນ ກ່າວຫາໂລເລ ເວົ້າໃສ່ຮ້າຍປ້າຍສີ

ຣັຖບານລາວແບບໄຮ້ເຫດຜົນ. ເພີ່ນບໍ່ໄດ້ທຳລາຍປ່າໄມ້ ເພີ່ນໃຫ້ເຂົາສຳປະທານ

ຂຸດຄົ້ນຊື່ໆ

 



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 482
Date:
Permalink   

yes, laos doing good, go go laos.

__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

ວິທຍຸເອເຊັຽເສຣີ ແລະ ພວກພັດຖີ່ນ ກ່າວຫາໂລເລ ເວົ້າໃສ່ຮ້າຍປ້າຍສີ

ຣັຖບານລາວແບບໄຮ້ເຫດຜົນ. ເພີ່ນບໍ່ໄດ້ທຳລາຍປ່າໄມ້ ເພີ່ນໃຫ້ເຂົາສຳປະທານ

ຂຸດຄົ້ນຊື່ໆ

 


 ເວົ້າແບບຄົນໂງ່ຕາບອດອີ່ຫຼີນໍ. ຂະໜາດຜູ້ນຳສປປລາວຍັງຮັບຮູ້ວ່າມີບັນຫາສຳຄັນກຽ່ວກັບການຕັດຕົ້ນໄມ້ຂາຍຢາ່ງຜິດກົດໝາຍຢູ່ໃນລາວ.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

What make you think that Lao Royal government wouldn't do the same if they're still in power ?

 


 They might do the same or might not but the different is the people would have the right to complain and protest to stop the government from destroy the rain forest .


 Very good answer. and what percentages that our country ''LAOS'' use the LAND and Natural resources so far into this day ???


 Don't worry about the land and natural resource if they run out so they run out . Saudi Arabia sold their crude oil billion and billions of barrel every years over 100 years , they still don't care. If  the Vietnamese chop down all Lao trees and dig out of all  the Lao natural resource , Laos still capable survive from foreign aid.

Don't worry look at Japan , Taiwan , Singapore and Austria don't have any natural resource , they still survive , so do Laos . Lao people have never been starved to death and never will  be like China 80 years ago or like India or like Africa . Laos was poor yesterday and is poor today and will be poor tomorrow but Lao are never going to starve to death.


 Japan , Taiwan , Singapore and Austria and south Korean people, their leaders are well educated and intelligent and also their people are highly educated and they are not corrupted, as well. What do Lao have in the head, nothing but jealousy, selfish , corruption and betray .



__________________


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 482
Date:
Permalink   

laos very good every thing go go laos go, good job.

__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

zack wrote:

laos very good every thing go go laos go, good job.


 Go,go Lao economy go down the drain because of corruption. Very good in corruption.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:
zack wrote:

laos very good every thing go go laos go, good job.


 Go,go Lao economy go down the drain because of corruption. Very good in corruption.


ຢ່າເວົ້າຫລາຍ  ເຮົາຖາງປ່າເຮັດໄຮ ໄວ້ປູກເຂົ້າເດີ

ຄັນສີຫ້າມແລວ້ເຮາສີກິນຫຍັງ ມີແຕ່ພ້າຂໍນີ້ແລວ້

ພວກຢູ່ຕ່າງປະເທດຍັງຢາກກິນເຂົ້າຫັ້ນເດ



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

ແມ່ນແລ້ວໄມ້ຢູ່ເມື່ອງລາວຫຼຸດໜ້ອຍລົງເລື້ອຍໆ ຍ້ອນການສົ່ງອອກຂາຍຕ່າງປະເທດ

ການຖາງປ່າເຮັດໄຮ່ກະບໍ່ພໍເທົ່າໄດດອກ ໄມ້ອອກເທື່ອໜຶ່ງເຈົ້າໜ້າທີ່ທີກ່ຽວຂ້ອງແມ່ນໄມ້ເງີນບັກຫຼາຍໆ

ຍ້ອນວ່າໄມ້ບໍ່ຖືກຕ້ອງຕາມໜັງສືທີ່ອະນຸຍາດໃຫ້ ແທນທີ່ຈະຢຶດເອົາໄວ້



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

ແມ່ນແລ້ວໄມ້ຢູ່ເມື່ອງລາວຫຼຸດໜ້ອຍລົງເລື້ອຍໆ ຍ້ອນການສົ່ງອອກຂາຍຕ່າງປະເທດ

ການຖາງປ່າເຮັດໄຮ່ກະບໍ່ພໍເທົ່າໄດດອກ ໄມ້ອອກເທື່ອໜຶ່ງເຈົ້າໜ້າທີ່ທີກ່ຽວຂ້ອງແມ່ນໄມ້ເງີນບັກຫຼາຍໆ

ຍ້ອນວ່າໄມ້ບໍ່ຖືກຕ້ອງຕາມໜັງສືທີ່ອະນຸຍາດໃຫ້ ແທນທີ່ຈະຢຶດເອົາໄວ້


 ບໍ່ແມ່ນໄມ້ບໍ່ຖືກຕາມໜັງສືເດີ່, ໜັງສືຫັ້ນຜູ້ພີມເພີ່ນບໍ່ເກັ່ງລືມລະບຸ

ອາຍຸການ, ລືມລະບຸຂອບເຂດທີ່ມີສິດຕັດ, ບາງຄັ້ງກໍ່ລືມພີມຮອດ

ຕົວເລກຈຳນວນ ຫລື ບໍ່ກໍ່ພີມຕົວເລກຜິດ

 



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

481268_487882584612534_478169268_n.jpg

ຖ້າກົມປ່າໄມ້ມີລົດຕິດອາວຸດແບບນີ້ຄົງບໍ່ມີໃຜກ້າລັກຕັກໄມ້ຂາຍ.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
zack wrote:

laos very good every thing go go laos go, good job.


 Go,go Lao economy go down the drain because of corruption. Very good in corruption.


ຢ່າເວົ້າຫລາຍ  ເຮົາຖາງປ່າເຮັດໄຮ ໄວ້ປູກເຂົ້າເດີ

ຄັນສີຫ້າມແລວ້ເຮາສີກິນຫຍັງ ມີແຕ່ພ້າຂໍນີ້ແລວ້

ພວກຢູ່ຕ່າງປະເທດຍັງຢາກກິນເຂົ້າຫັ້ນເດ


ເວົ້າແບບຄົນໂງ່ງາ່ວບໍ່ມີຄວາມຄຶດອີ່ຫຼີ. ເພິ່ນໄດ້ສົ່ງເສີມໃຫ້ປະຊາຊົນເຮັດນາແລະໃຫ້ເຊົາເຮັດໄຮ່ມາໃດ້ຫຼາຍປີແລ້ວ.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

If you're going to chop down trees, then at least plant new ones to take their place.

If US and EU stop buying those illegally chopped down trees, then someone else will buy them instead.

There will always be a buyer. Stop the illegal activity in the first place. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Look at the war on drugs, they don't go after the users, they go after the suppliers, the cartels, the growers.

Get your facking heads out of your azzes.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

ປະຊາຊົນຕັດໄມ້ຈູດໄຮ່ນ້ອຍກ່ວາຜູ່ໃຫຍ່ຕັດໄມ້ສ້າງເຂື່ອນ.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

If you're going to chop down trees, then at least plant new ones to take their place.

If US and EU stop buying those illegally chopped down trees, then someone else will buy them instead.

There will always be a buyer. Stop the illegal activity in the first place. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Look at the war on drugs, they don't go after the users, they go after the suppliers, the cartels, the growers.

Get your facking heads out of your azzes.


 

 

Plant new trees? That's just an excuse to convince Lao people that it's OK to chop down primary Lao trees for the greedy Viets to sell them to the west for big profits because we can always plant new ones, blah blah blah.

The truth is it's very hard to plant new trees because most of them die. Beside, it's the primary forests that are the most in danger and should be preserved. These forests disappeared from most countries, in particular in Asia. You can not easily replant these trees. It takes decades or centuries to grow to its current level.

Stop the greedy thieves and put them in jail. That's the solution.



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

 

ລັດຖະບານລາວສະຫຼາດສ່ອງໃສ ພວກເພີ່ນອອກຄຳສັ່ງໄຫ້ທາງໂຮງຮຽນແຕ່ຂັ້ນອະນຸບານ

ສອນບໍ່ໄຫ້ຕັດໄມ້ທຳລາຍປ່າ ບັດລັດຖະບານພັດສະເຫີວຍສຸກລັກຕັດໄມ້ລັບໆລີ້ໆ ສັ່ງຈັບແຕ່

ບັກ ກ ບັກ ຂ ບັກຕັດໄມ້ລາຍໃຫຍ່ໆລັດຖະບານບໍ່ແຕະຕ້ອງ ເພາະພວກຮ່ວມຫົວກັນ ນັກຂ່າວ

ອອກຂ່າວແຕ່ ບັກ ກ ບັກ ຂ ນັກຂ່າວບໍ່ກ້າອອກຂ່າວທີ່ພວກແກວມັນມາຂົນເອົາໄມ້ຂອງ

ລາວໄປບ້ານແກວ



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

481268_487882584612534_478169268_n.jpg

ຖ້າກົມປ່າໄມ້ມີລົດຕິດອາວຸດແບບນີ້ຄົງບໍ່ມີໃຜກ້າລັກຕັກໄມ້ຂາຍ.


 ຂະໜາດທະຫານຢູ່ບ້ານຂ້ອຍລຳລຽງເຂົ້າໄປໃຫ້ອ້າຍນ້ອງຢູ່ແນວໜ້າຍັງໃຊ້ລົດອີ່ຕົກ(ລົດໄຖນາເດີນຕາມ)

ລຳລຽງໄປ ຖ້າກົມປ່າໄມ້ມີລົດແບບນີ້ໃຊ້ຂ້ອຍກໍ່ຄືຊິງຶດຈົນຫົວແຕກພຸ້ນລະ!



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

Lao Forests Plundered At Increasing Rate

 



Trucks with logs lined up at the border to Vietnam
 
 

 

In my wanderings across cyberspace I stumbled upon this photo a few weeks ago with the caption, "Trucks carrying logs from Khammouane Province in Laos to Ha Tinh Province in Vietnam".

 

At the time I assumed a fellow tourist had spotted the trucks and logs and taken a photo. The rest of the photos on the flikr account were also good and from out of the way places.



Then this week I ran across an article in Business Week .
Vietnam destroying Lao forests By DENIS D. GRAY BANGKOK, Thailand

Vietnam is acquiring huge quantities of illegally logged timber from neighboring Laos and turning it into furniture for consumers in the United States and Europe, an environmental group said Wednesday.

"Vietnam's booming economy and demand for cheap furniture in the West is driving rapid deforestation" in Laos, Julian Newman of the Britain-based Environmental Investigation Agency said at a news conference.

 

The group showed a video of fleets of trucks laden with logs crossing the border into Vietnam from Laos, which has banned the export of logs and sawn timber.

Every year, an estimated 17.6 million cubic feet of logs are smuggled across the border after false documents are produced and bribes paid, the group said.

 

The video included Vietnamese businessmen admitting that logs at their factories came from Laos in violation of the country's laws and were processed into furniture for export.
A huge pile of logs from Laos was shown in the Vietnamese port of Vinh, ready for sale.

Newman said businesses in Thailand are also buying illegally cut timber from Laos, which has some of the last great forests in mainland Southeast Asia.

"The cost of such unfettered greed is borne by poor rural communities in Laos who are dependent on the forests for their traditional livelihoods," Newman said.

Vietnamese and Thai officials were not immediately available for comment. The governments of both countries have in the past acknowledged the illegal trafficking of timber from Laos, although the scope of the trade has not previously been clear.

"The ultimate responsibility for this dire state of affairs rests with the consumer markets which import wood products made from stolen timber," Newman said.

 

Faith Doherty, another EIA staffer, said draft laws now before the U.S. Congress would curb such imports. She said the European Union was taking steps to certify furniture and other forest products as having come from legally procured timber.

An EIA report also released Wednesday noted that Vietnam has taken steps since the 1990s to conserve its own forests while at the same time expanding wooden furniture production, much of it with illegal timber.

 

Furniture exports from Vietnam totaled $2.4 billion last year, a tenfold increase since 2000. According to the Vietnamese government, 39 percent of the exports in 2006 went to the United States, 14 percent to Japan, 7 percent to Britain and 4 percent each to France and Germany.

"The plundering of Laos' forests involves high-level corruption and bribery and it is not just Vietnam which is exploiting its neighbor.

 

Thai and Singapore traders are also cashing in," the report said. Posing as investors, EIA staffers met one Thai businessman who bragged of paying bribes to senior Lao military officials to secure timber potentially worth $500 million, the group said.

 

 

Press Release: 19 March 2008

VIETNAM: HOW THE COUNTRY HAS BECOME A HUB FOR THE REGION'S ILLEGAL TIMBER TRADE.

EIA Web Site

Vietnam is operating as a centre for processing huge quantities of unlawfully-logged timber from across Indochina, threatening some of the last intact forests in the region, a major new report reveals.

Undercover investigations by the UK-based Environmental Investigation Agency (EIA) and Indonesian NGO Telapak have revealed how Vietnam’s booming economy and demand for cheap furniture in the West is driving rapid deforestation throughout the Mekong river region.

Field investigations in Vietnam and neighbouring Laos, including secret filming and undercover visits to furniture factories, have demonstrated that although some countries like Indonesia have cracked down on the illegal timber trade, criminal networks have now shifted their attention to looting the vanishing forests of Laos.

Urgent Action

This illicit trade is in direct contraventionof laws in Laos banning the export of logs and sawn timber and EIA/Telapak are calling for urgent international action.

Investigators visited numerous Vietnamese furniture factories and found the majority to be using logs from Laos. In the Vietnamese port of Vinh, they witnessed piles of huge logs from Laos awaiting sale.

At one border crossing on one occasion alone, 45 trucks laden with logs were filmed lining up to cross the Laos border into Vietnam. The report estimates at least 500,000 cubic metres of logs are moved in this way every year.

Plundering

Since the 1990s, Vietnam has taken steps to protect to conserve its remaining forests while at the same time, massively expanding its wooden furniture production.

Vietnam has an unenviable track record in using stolen timber. Past investigations have revealed it laundering illegal timber from both Cambodia and Indonesia

The plundering of Laos’ forests involves high-level corruption and bribery and it is not just Vietnam which is exploiting its neighbour; Thai and Singapore traders are also cashing in.

Posing as investors, EIA/Telapak investigators met one Thai businessman who bragged of paying bribes to senior Laos military officials to secure timber worth potentially half a billion dollars.

“The cost of such unfettered greed is borne by poor rural communities in Laos who are dependent on the forests for their traditional livelihoods,” said EIA's head of Forests Campaign, Julian Newman.

He said the local people gain virtually nothing from this trade, with corrupt Laos officials and businesses in Vietnam and Thailand, the profiteers.

The report concludes that to some extent the dynamic growth of Vietnam’s furniture industry is driven by the demand of end markets like Europe and the US.

Dire

“The ultimate responsibility for this dire state of affairs rests with the consumer markets with import wood products made from stolen timber,” said Julian.

“Until these states clean up their act and shut their markets to illegal wood products, the loss of precious tropical forests will continue unabated.”

EIA/Telapak are calling for: better enforcement by the timber-producing and processing countries and new laws banning the import of products and timber derived from illegal logging in the EU and US.


 ແບ້ ແລ່ນນຳກົ້ນ 555



__________________
Anonymous

Date:
Permalink   

Anonymous wrote:

ຂະໜາດທະຫານຢູ່ບ້ານຂ້ອຍລຳລຽງເຂົ້າໄປໃຫ້ອ້າຍນ້ອງຢູ່ແນວໜ້າຍັງໃຊ້ລົດອີ່ຕົກ(ລົດໄຖນາເດີນຕາມ)

ລຳລຽງໄປ ຖ້າກົມປ່າໄມ້ມີລົດແບບນີ້ໃຊ້ຂ້ອຍກໍ່ຄືຊິງຶດຈົນຫົວແຕກພຸ້ນລະ!


 ເຈົ້າໜ້າທີ່ຕີຕາໄມ້ຍັງສາມາດຊື້ Land Rover ມາໃຫ້ເມຍຂີ່ໄປຕະລາດ

ກົມປ່າໄມ້ແທ້ໆບໍ່ມີງົບຊື້ລົດຈິບມາໃຫ້ພະນັກຂີ່ລາດຕະເວນກໍ່ຊື້ຍົນນ້ອຍ

ແບບນີ້ແທນລະ.

ຈຶ່ງປອດໄພທັງຊັບສິນແລະຊີວິດພະນັກງານ.



__________________
Page 1 of 1  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.



Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard